Christmas Parade of Lights
19th ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE OF LIGHTS
Join us for the 19th annual North Dundas Parade of Lights on Saturday, December 3rd, 2016. Witness the hospitality of a rural village transformed into a winter wonderland, featuring lights, music, shopping, food, activities and entertainment for the whole family.
- At 7 pm, watch the 19thannual Parade of Lights. Warm your hands around the fire at Sweet Corner Park while enjoying a Beavertail, or hot chocolate and yummy treats being sold by the Special Events Committee from Therien Jiu Jitsu and Kickboxing in Chesterville.
- Dine at one of the many downtown restaurants or community suppers
- Take a stroll downtown and browse the local businesses for all your Christmas shopping needs
- Stop by the Annual Parade of Lights Vendor and Trade Show to browse through an extensive array of gifts, crafts and goodies, and get your picture taken with Santa while you’re there
- Stop by the Legion for their annual Parade After Party
Bring your family and friends and share in the warmth and excitement of the Christmas spirit that will once again be alive in Winchester this December.
Click here to email the organizing committee
Click here to download the 2016 North Dundas Parade of Lights Vendor and Trade Fair Application Form.
Click here to download the 2016 North Dundas Parade of Lights Participant Form
What’s Happening This Day
Local Shopping all Day!
- Downtown Winchester Merchants will be open for all of your holiday shopping needs. Support our North Dundas businesses by purchasing locally and have fun with your friends and family as you explore everything that the shops, restaurants, and services have to offer! Downtown, you will find an array of stocking stuffers, gift ideas, and gift certificates for all of the people on your list! A special thank you to all of the local merchants who support this annual event through their involvement and/or many donations. Without your generous contributions, this event would not be possible. **Business operating hours may vary.
VENDOR FAIR & TRADE SHOW (10:00am to 3:00pm )
You won’t want to miss all the fun and excitement happening at the Joel Steele Community Hall Vendor and Trade Fair on Parade Day! With Monkey Rock Music, a magician, bake sale, a craft station, face painting and a special there’s something for everyone.
During the Vendor Fair, kids can visit with Santa and take home an advent calendar. Margaret Link Photography will be on location again this year to take family or individual photos with Santa. Prints are $10 each and come in a holiday folio.
Visit with local vendors and browse through an extensive array of gift ideas, including:
- Kitchen supplies
- Knitting and sewing crafts
- Home décor
- Baked goods
- Sauces and preserves
- Greeting cards
- Art and photography
- And much more!
For more information, or to become a vendor, please Click here to mail Sandy Burns or stop by at 636 St. Lawrence St. in Winchester to pick up or drop off a Vendor Application.
- 10:00 am to 3:00pm: Canteen and bake sale opens, hosted by Community Living Dundas County. The canteen features coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and snack items.
- 10:30 am to 2:30 pm: Craft and cookie decorating station open
- 10:30 am to 2:30 pm: Face painting by local artist Barb Buchanan (by donation)
- 11 am to Noon: Monkey Rock Music
- 1:00 to 2:00 pm: Radical Science
- 10:00am to 1:00pm & 2:00pm to 5:00pm – PICTURES WITH SANTA (Joel Steele Community Centre-577 Main St) – Price: $10 per print
- 12:30pm to 4:30pm LEGION’S ANNUAL PARADE OF LIGHTS EUCHRE TOURNAMENT – (Winchester Legion 482 Main Street East)
Bet your hand in the Legion’s euchre tournament from 12:30 – 4:00 pm. The price per team of 2 is only $20 and registration will take place at the Legion bar from noon until 12:30 pm.
- 7:00PM – 19th ANNUAL PARADE OF LIGHTS It’s Parade Time! Come out and see a variety of floats, farm equipment, and, of course, Santa Claus! The parade begins at the North Dundas Township parking lot/Hydro Yard, 636 St. Lawrence St.
- 8:00pm to Midnight – Parade After Party – Location: Winchester Legion Branch #108, 482 Main St. East FREE Admission (no membership required). Cap off a great day with a great party! Everyone is welcome. Enjoy the musical talents of Jeff Nelson and Joe Bouchard. Warm up with a bowl of home-style chili and a bun, which will be available for purchase throughout the day. Snacks will also be available for purchase. The Legion will be open to age of majority only.
- 9:00pm to 1:00am – Parade of Lights Night at the Movies Double Feature ** (Times are approximate. Movies will start soon after the parade and will run back to back with a 10 minute intermission.)
Community Meals & Concessions (8 am to late)
- 8 to 11:00 am – Breakfast with Santa Place: Chesterville Legion, 167 Queen St. The Rotary Club of Chesterville will be holding its annual Breakfast with Santa, serving scrambled eggs, ham sausages, home fries, toast and jam, and orange juice, tea or coffee. Cost is $6 for adults, $3 for kids aged 7 to 12, kids under 6 eat free. Meet with Santa between 9 and 10:30 am; bring home some tasty treats from the Christ Church United bake sale; purchase fruitcakes, shortbread and calendars from the Chesterville and District Lions Club; enjoy free ice cream and hot chocolate, courtesy of the Dairy Board of Ontario; and explore a craft table, sponsored by the Christ Church Women.
- 10 am to 3 pm – Light lunch and concession stand – Place: Joel Steele Community Hall (during the Vendor Fair and Trade Fair) Price: Varying prices Dundas Community Living will be hosting a concession stand during the annual Vendor and Trade Fair. Soup, sandwiches, hot and cold drinks and snacks will be available for purchase.
- 4 to 7 pm – Lions Club Supper – Place: Lions Club, 515 Albert St. Adults can enjoy a hot meal of scalloped potatoes, ham, coleslaw, and homemade beans for $6. Kids can get a hotdog, cookie and hot chocolate for $3. There will also be food vendors at the corner of Main and St. Lawrence Streets, giving out FREE hot chocolate, selling hot dogs and more.
South End: There is plenty of Free Parking at Winchester Grain Elevator located at 669 St. Lawrence Street (beside the railroad tracks). The public is welcome to park there and walk into town.
Accessible parking will be available at the Parcoll Products and Winchester Print parking lot at 580 Main Street. Accessible parking provides a view of the parade from your vehicle.
- Winchester Main Street will be closed from Main St and Hwy 31 to Main St and Albert St. from 6:45pm – 8:30pm.
- St. Lawrence St. from Main St. to Gypsy Lane will be closed from 6:45pm – 8:00pm.
- York Court and Albert Street will be closed from 6:45pm – 8:00pm.
Food Bank Donations:
The Dundas Food Bank will be accepting donations of new children’s gifts and non-perishable food items. To make your donation with ease, drop-off bins for food and unwrapped children’s toys will be available at the Parade of Lights Vendor Fair (577 Main St., above the arena). Volunteers wearing vests and ID tags will also be walking the parade route collecting monetary donations to be shared with the North Dundas Christmas Fund who organizes the Christmas baskets.
Toy Mountain Donations:
Royal LePage Gale Real Estate will be collecting unwrapped toys along the parade route for Toy Mountain and Naomi’s house. Please drop your unwrapped toy into the Big Red Wagon Float as is it passes by.
See you at the Parade!
Photos courtesy of the Winchester Press & the Township of North Dundas