Landfill, Garbage Collection & Hazardous Waste
Last date for The Waste Management Department has a staff of five and manages the Township Landfill on Boyne Road, as well as garbage and recycling collection.
Location: 12620 Boyne Road, Winchester ON K0C 2K0
Please note that the curbside bag limit is two bags or containers per household. This action was taken to prolong the life of the Boyne Road Landfill.
If you require further information, please contact the North Dundas Landfill Site at telephone number 613-774-5157.
Top of Page
Due to the overfill situation at the Boyne Road Landfill large amounts of waste from the demolition of buildings will not be accepted at the Landing. Please Contact Doug Froats at telephone number 613-774-2105 for the disposition of demolition waste.
Top of Page
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday – Open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Landfill is open in the summer months from May till the end of October on Saturdays from 8:00 till 11:30 am.
Tipping Fees for 2017
- Minimum Charge of $15.00
- $15.00 per cubic yard / $30 per compacted yard
- $25.00 per cubic yard for shingles
- Items containing Freon have a $20 charge each for removal
- $25/MT for contaminated soil (must contact Boyne Facility prior to bringing in contaminant)
- Soil (not contaminated)
- Garden waste (composting)
- Tires, must be clean and not on a rim
Household Hazardous Waste Days
Each year between May and October, the township holds Household Hazardous Waste Days at the Boyne Road Landfill. Residents are encouraged to bring hazardous waste such as waste oil, batteries, insecticides, pool chemicals, and propane tanks to the landfill between 8 am and noon on these days.
Last Household Hazardous Waste Day for 2016 is October 1st.
Household Hazardous Waste Days for 2017 are: May 13th, June 10th, July 8th, August 12th, September 9th and October 14th.
For information on what materials are considered hazardous or for other collection events in our area for these items, Click here to visit the ProductCare website. ProductCare has set up collection networks for your unwanted products, develops transportation systems to move recyclable waste safely and efficiently, works with other recycling experts to create industry-leading material processing standards, promotes awareness of available recycling programs, and maintains detailed records of all this in order to report to regulators, stakeholders, partners and the general public.
Garbage Pickup Schedule & Map
Refuse Collection Policy No. 43 -2012 – Collection Regulations:
- Refuse must be placed at curbside no later than 7:00 am on the day of collection.
- Empty containers must be removed from the curbside no later than 8:00 pm on the day of collection.
- Effective February 1, 2013, each resident may place a maximum of two (2) bags/containers per week.
- Bags not collected must be removed from the curbside by 8:00 pm on the day of collection.
- Garbage bags must be securely tied, maximum width of 66 cm (26″), maximum height of 91 cm (36″), and do not exceed 22.5 kg (50 lb). No oversized leaf and yard bags. (exception – leaf and yard waste collection days)
- Residents may use a garbage container that does not exceed the above measures and weight when full: no 45-gallon drums or tote carts.
- No person shall place for collection any garbage in front on any address except the address at which the garbage is generated.
- Recyclable material, tires, demolition and construction material, animal feces, liquids, furniture and appliances, paints, oils, batteries, propane tanks, and other hazardous material will not be collected.