Construction & Maintenance 2017
In large part, work has been completed on Cass Crescent, French Settlement Road, Kelso Street, Kerr’s Ridge Road, Hummel Street, Merkley Place, and Queen Street. Weather permitting, the finishing touches will be completed in the next few weeks.
In respect to French Settlement Road, Township staff will be monitoring the newly constructed road base from now until Spring 2017 for compaction and stability. Resurfacing of French Settlement Road is planned for the Summer 2017 construction period.
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind motorists to be cautious when driving through construction zones and be aware of the increased presence of workers on the roadways during the road construction period.
As part of the Township of North Dundas’ annual infrastructure maintenance cycle, construction will occur to improve roadways and the Township’s transportation network between July and September 2016.
WHO: The Contractor, Cruickshank Construction Ltd., will be performing the construction work for the Township of North Dundas.
WHY: The Township of North Dundas will be resurfacing roads as preventative maintenance aimed at extending the Township’s roadway network lifecycle.
WHAT: Work will involve various phases of construction including milling and pulverizing of the existing surface, and roadway resurfacing.
WHEN: This work is planned to occur between July and September 2016. Please remember that weather may impact our construction schedule. We invite residents to consult the Township’s Facebook page for regular updates.
WHERE: Work will occur at various locations across the Township.
The following roadways will be resurfaced during the day and evening and may involve minor lane interruptions:
- Boyne Rd Winchester: From Ottawa St to Beach St
- Cass Crescent Winchester: From Victoria St to Clarence St
- French Settlement Rd: From County Rd # 1 to the Mountain Boundary Rd
- This construction project will occur in two phases;
- Phase I, planned for Summer 2016, includes the pulverizing and rebuilding of sections of the base where required, adding fresh gravel, compacting, and dust control;
- As part of Phase II, the Township staff will be monitoring the road base from Fall 2016 until Spring 2017 to monitor compaction and stability of the base in preparation for the road resurfacing that will occur during the summer 2017 construction period.
- Hummel St Chesterville: From County Rd # 7 to the End
- Kelso St Hallville: From County Rd # 1 to the End
- Kerr’s Ridge Rd Hallville: Repairing 800 meters of roadway
- Merkley Place Morewood: From Ralph St to the End
- Queen St Winchester: From Ottawa St to Center St
- A culvert was changed on Lillico Rd
- Two culverts will be changed on Ormond Rd
- Spruit Rd: From County Rd 31 to the End
- Rodney Lane: From Ormond Rd to Marionville Rd
For questions or comments please contact Dan Belleau, Director of Public Works at 613-774-2105