Landfill, Garbage Collection & Hazardous Waste
Last date for The Waste Management Department has a staff of five and manages the Township Landfill on Boyne Road, as well as garbage and recycling collection.
Location: 12620 Boyne Road, Winchester ON, K0C 2K0
Please note that the curbside bag limit is two bags or containers per household. This action was taken to prolong the life of the Boyne Road Landfill.
If you require further information, please contact the North Dundas Landfill Site at telephone number 613-774-5157.
Top of Page
Due to the overfill situation at the Boyne Road Landfill large amounts of waste from the demolition of buildings will not be accepted at the Landing. Please Contact Doug Froats at telephone number 613-774-2105 for the disposition of demolition waste.
Top of Page
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday – Open from 8:00am – 4:00pm
Summer Weekend Hours:
The landfill is open Saturdays from 8:00 – 11:30am until October 26th.
Tipping Fees for 2019
- Minimum Charge of $15.00
- $15.00 per cubic yard / $30 per compacted yard
- $25.00 per cubic yard for shingles
- Items containing Freon have a $20 charge each for removal
- $25/MT for contaminated soil (must contact Boyne Facility prior to bringing in contaminant)
- Soil (not contaminated)
- Garden waste (composting)
- Tires, must be clean and not on a rim
Household Hazardous Waste Days
Each year between May and October, the township holds Household Hazardous Waste Days at the Boyne Road Landfill. Residents are encouraged to bring hazardous waste such as waste oil, batteries, insecticides, pool chemicals, and propane tanks to the landfill between 8:00am and 12:00pm on these days. The 2019 Household Hazardous Waste Days are June 15th, July 13th, August 10th, September 7th and October 5th.
Waste items that are accepted at the Boyne Road Landfill.
For information on what materials are considered hazardous or for other collection events in our area for these items, visit the ProductCare website. ProductCare has set up collection networks for your unwanted products, develops transportation systems to move recyclable waste safely and efficiently, works with other recycling experts to create industry-leading material processing standards, promotes awareness of available recycling programs, and maintains detailed records of all this in order to report to regulators, stakeholders, partners and the general public.
Boyne Road Electronics Recycling
The Boyne Road Landfill is a WEEE (Waste Electronics and Electrical Equipment) site for the Ontario Electronics Stewardship program. Unwanted electronics can be dropped off during regular landfill hours free of charge to be properly recycled. Here is a list of acceptable items: Desktop and portable computers including peripherals, desktop and standing printers, TVs, cell and non-cell phones, home and auto video and audio systems.
Garbage Pickup Schedule & Map
Refuse Collection Policy No. 43 -2012 – Collection Regulations:
- Refuse must be placed at curbside no later than 7:00am on the day of collection.
- Empty containers must be removed from the curbside no later than 8:00pm on the day of collection.
- Effective February 1st, 2013, each resident may place a maximum of two (2) bags/containers per week.
- Bags not collected must be removed from the curbside by 8:00pm on the day of collection.
- Garbage bags must be securely tied, maximum width of 66 cm (26″), maximum height of 91 cm (36″), and do not exceed 22.5 kg (50 lb). No oversized leaf and yard bags. (exception – leaf and yard waste collection days)
- Residents may use a garbage container that does not exceed the above measures and weight when full: no 45-gallon drums or tote carts.
- No person shall place for collection any garbage in front on any address except the address at which the garbage is generated.
- Recyclable material, tires, demolition and construction material, animal feces, liquids, furniture and appliances, paints, oils, batteries, propane tanks, and other hazardous material will not be collected.